Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am a land rover factory technician and have a customer that has had me replace around $25k worth of parts on his aging 2006 lr3. He is tired of coming into my shop every time a bushing blows out or has a noise in the suspension, he basically has given me a blank check to replace anything that i think is even suspect. Now i have a list of most everything a good landrover is going to need and this one is probably the most renewed lr3 in north america. I wanted to ask you fine gentlemen of your lr3's had any odd problems that showed up that were outside of the normal wear and tear. I am just trying to supply the best service i can for a very good customer. I spend most of my time working on new to cars with 60 to 80,000 miles on them so a 270k car is well out of the norm for me.

·
1,783 Posts
Hey all, I am a land rover factory technician and have a customer that has had me replace around $25k worth of parts on his aging 2006 lr3. He is tired of coming into my shop every time a bushing blows out or has a noise in the suspension, he basically has given me a blank check to replace anything that i think is even suspect. Now i have a list of most everything a good landrover is going to need and this one is probably the most renewed lr3 in north america. I wanted to ask you fine gentlemen of your lr3's had any odd problems that showed up that were outside of the normal wear and tear. I am just trying to supply the best service i can for a very good customer. I spend most of my time working on new to cars with 60 to 80,000 miles on them so a 270k car is well out of the norm for me.
Must be a V6 that had a water leak that the computer got wet and became a pain. LOL
Is it a V8 or V6?
Seen many LR3's V8's with over 300K with minimal issues, but by that milage they may need head gaskets and transmissions if they had never been serviced. Possible timing chains.

We own 2 2005 V8 LR3's not much has needed to be replaced,

Main issues are the rear diff bearings, front hub bearings, lower control arm bushings, warped cowls.
Services: plastic T coolant bleeder, PCV plastic part, spark plugs, pollen filter, air filter, tail light bulbs,
brake switch, belts, coolant hoses, etc

·
Expert Crate Digger
169 Posts
Sorry but $25K in new parts that didn't help a high mileage LR3 is ridiculous.
I guess the LR3 is verrrrrrrrrrrry sentimental to them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks safari dave sorry i didnt add what the car is equipped with. Had to make the estimate today and im pretty happy with it. Its the 4.4l v8 and ya i think its the most reliable land rover motor to date. Got the guy all fixed up with some rear wheel bearings and all new bushings for the reas suspension, i takled all the front bushings last visit since one of them came apart. The guy just chucks loads of miles on it and dosnt want to come in every time he needs a bit and bob replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts