Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 3 got a new set of shoes… or the shoes got a new set of soles… I’m not sure how that translates.

Reactions: WestHamPaul

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
364 Posts
Looks great!

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No mods per se. I do run a modest software lift, and I rerouted the EAS harness in the driver fender well.

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the 2000s, the USA went through a terrible fad in which cars might no longer have names, but only letter and number combinations similar to BMW and Mercedes. Integra became RSX (amongst other Acura renames), Taurus became Ford 500, Chrysler released the 300, and my beloved Discoveries became LR3/4. This was primarily in the stupid NA market.

Not in my book!

Reactions: V50_M66

·
Registered
26 Posts
In the 2000s, the USA went through a terrible fad in which cars might no longer have names, but only letter and number combinations similar to BMW and Mercedes. Integra became RSX (amongst other Acura renames), Taurus became Ford 500, Chrysler released the 300, and my beloved Discoveries became LR3/4. This was primarily in the stupid NA market.

Not in my book!
I may need to source the "correct" badging and copy your mod!

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
364 Posts
I hate alphanumeric names as well. Glad the Disco 2 got an actual name so I don’t have to go buy badges haha

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True, though I prefer the hood of my D2 to say DISCOVERY like the D3 rather than LAND ROVER like the D1 and D2… also I prefer the chunky 3D badging like 2004, so my D2 was rebadged anyway.

@WestHamPaul you can find much of it on Amazon, but for higher quality and selection (and price) use powerfuluk

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man I’m jealous, my LR3 is stuck on 19” wheels
duuuuude. I love those six spoke 19” wheels. They look awesome. I bought a set, had them powdercoated, and THEN I found out there are two good tires for 19”. Jack and ****.

what a fool’s errand that was, I ended up losing money letting go of that fantasy. Goodyear has since then released a really nice 65 series tire, but it’s stupid expensive anyway.

·
Registered
2008 Land Rover LR3 HSE V8
45 Posts
duuuuude. I love those six spoke 19” wheels. They look awesome. I bought a set, had them powdercoated, and THEN I found out there are two good tires for 19”. Jack and ****.

what a fool’s errand that was, I ended up losing money letting go of that fantasy. Goodyear has since then released a really nice 65 series tire, but it’s stupid expensive anyway.
60ACEE31-4C3F-439B-9CAF-064D01A26448.jpeg

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh I like those wheels too! 19” is a bastardized tire size tho. I’m surprised nobody has picked up on it, despite the boutique market. I’m sure there are lots of 19” buyers out there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts