Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have D1 springs in my '02 D2 with a 1inch spacer under the rear perch ... and I think I put a d1 perch on the front but might have left those stock... i think that'd make my D2 have a 1 inch lift in the front and a 2inch in the rear... my main concern with the tires is rubbing when I turn... would wheel spacers help or be more of a problem? stock 16" rims too. currently have the stock shocks.

Just wondering if those will work as I currently sit without much rubbing. I lightly offroad (class 4-4.5 roads ;)) to get to my campsite... I think I'll be fine but would like opinions.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
In other words, you are not sure what you have and you are hoping you suspension will work with 285's?
What size tires are you currently running and if measured from the ground to the bottom of the wheel well, how tall is the front and rear wheel well?
You need to do a lot if you plan on running those tires, shocks for sure, brake lines, gears ,HD axles and lockers to get rid of your 2 spider gear set of you currently have. Then you will need some from of caster correction to stop the tracking and a adjustable pan hard rod to center the axle housing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Currently running 245/75r16 cooper discover stt's. I'll measure the gap in a few minutes

And I have a good idea of what I have... Only thing I couldn't remember was the front perches... Pretty sure those are stock d2 height. D1 springs yield 1 inch lift.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Wheel spacers will improve your turning circle but will push the wheel outboard so it will no longer tuck into the wheel well when articulating. The wider 285 tyre exacerbate this situation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts