Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was once an intermittent issue seems to be occurring a lot more frequently now on my DII. Yes I did just replace the suspension, but the 3 Amigos were popping a little prior as well.

Even with all the reading I've done on this issue, it's still a little confusing to me. I guess step one is buying that 3 Amigo scanner/buddy/whatever it's called.

But does that just clear the issue or help me fix it?

Thanks! :beer:

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
It will read the codes and then clear them, at which time you can then fix the problems found and clear the codes one more time and your done.
You will only be able to read those codes while the 3 lights are on.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
That's the one, on RSWsolutrions.com.
When you are done with it you can keep it or turn around and sell it for around $150 on any of the Rover classified sections.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
There is also one for rent about 6 threads down.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is also one for rent about 6 threads down.
Ha...sure enough there is. Good info. Thanks.

I was under the impression that some 3 amigo codes can disable the vehicle. Once they start - even if I clear and fix - I assume it would be a good idea to keep one on hand permanently.

If not, in all reality I'm very cheap and a rental sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What was once an intermittent issue seems to be occurring a lot more frequently now on my DII. Yes I did just replace the suspension, but the 3 Amigos were popping a little prior as well.

Even with all the reading I've done on this issue, it's still a little confusing to me. I guess step one is buying that 3 Amigo scanner/buddy/whatever it's called.

But does that just clear the issue or help me fix it?

Thanks! :beer:
Buy the Autel 619 instead of the ABS Amigo. It is cheaper and is able to read engine codes as well as ABS and Airbag codes. You don't have to hook it up to the computer after to see the codes like the ABS amigo - you just see the codes right away on the scanner screen. And you can use it on your other cars. Buy it off Amazon for around $176 HERE.

Here are directions on how to set it up and pictures of what it looks like.

First you have to update the scanner. You will need a MicroSD card reader.

1. Hook up scanner to any car - turn ignition on.
2. Go to 'Setup' button on scanner.
3. Go to 'About' button on scanner.
4. Write down your Serial Number & Password.
5. Register your product HERE and download the scanner update program HERE. You will need to choose 'MaxiCheck Airbag/ABS' option when registering, then enter your serial number and password you found on the scanner.
6. Install scanner update program. Enter your Autel.us username and password you created when registering the product (not the same as the serial number and scanner password)
7. Remove the black MicroSD card from the right hand of the scanner and plug into your computer via a MicroSD card reader. Most phones use a MicroSD card and they will usually come with a MicroSD adapter that goes into your card reader on your computer.
8. Update your scanner. I choose to update all the different manufacturers - 36 updates in all. You WILL need to stay connected to the internet for this.
9. When finished, it will tell you that all selected manufacturers have been installed. Remove MicroSD card from computer and adapter and reinstall in scanner.
10. Plug back into your OBDII port on your Discovery and it will turn on. Go to ABS/SRS --> European --> Land Rover --> Discovery --> 1998-2004 --> ABS --> Read Codes. Then it will show you your codes and you can also choose to clear them too.

And some pictures:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.