Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever run this size? I am thinking about getting a set... but want to know how they do on the trails....

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Would you happen to be talking about an SS LTB? That's the only tire I'm aware of that comes in that size. I was actually thinking about a set of these in 34x10. I don't know anyone who runs it but searched the crap out of it on every BB I read & got some conflicting info, as always with tires. My concern was more running bias in winter.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SCSL said:
Would you happen to be talking about an SS LTB? That's the only tire I'm aware of that comes in that size. I was actually thinking about a set of these in 34x10. I don't know anyone who runs it but searched the crap out of it on every BB I read & got some conflicting info, as always with tires. My concern was more running bias in winter.

I was wrong..they are 33x9.50.... They are Inercos... The price may be right..

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure yet...I have to meet the guy...

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've ran 33x9.5x15 BFG Muds. More PSI on the the footprint, but didn't wrap very well. Depends on what surface you are looking at.

For snow, will cut down to the solid dirt if it isn't too deep. Same with mud. aka pizza cutters.

For Ice, tended to be too hard and thin so it slid more. A wider tires should grip more if it has some meat.

For the rocks, I think a wider footprint is better. I have rock crawled them and they did work, but chunked more than I was happy with since I spun them allot. But I think a wider tire will wrap better. I am tempted to go to down to 33 x 15.5s (or so) with my Samurai. I am running 35 x 12.5's right now.

All that being said, they were alot better than the military tires I have on my blazer. Worse of all worlds. Wide stiff and no grip.

I ran ChinaMan's gulch with my blazer with the 33's on it. Don't want to do it again though.

Now with a Rover and the limited fender space, might be just what the doc ordered. I still have the tires and if I had some 15 inch rover wheels, I might already be running them.

Just my opinion... :shifty:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.