Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to do some work on the hatch latch, and I'm embarrased to say, but for the life of me, I can not get the 3rd brake light cover to fit back on properly where the both the top and bottom are snug secure without any gaps. I can get the top to fit on nicely (snug against the window), but the bottom isn't snapped in properly, so when I tighten the two securing screws, it wants to pull away from the window (top side pulls away), and then secures snug to the bottom side. So now there's a gap at the top between the cover and the window. I fiddled around for an hour with this thing yesterday, and afraid I'll break those plastic snaps inside the cover.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll be very interested to hear if you finally found a solution to your problem, because I've encountered exactly the same issue. I suspect that I'm somehow not re-packing all of the internal wiring back into a configuration that will let that pesky cover fit back on snugly, and like you I spent over an hour fiddling around with it. Frustrating! David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts