Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I was following my wife home and noticed our 3rd brake light isnt working,
So I checked bulb and changed it Didnt help so I took the other cover off and check connections and wires all seems ok Any ideas what could be causing this let me know

Thanks Eric
95 Disco

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had the same problem with my brake lights. They were intermittent and they'd work if I jiggled them, then stop working again. I spoke to the dealer about it, and they said that the bulb case gets hot, melts a bit and then somehow causes a bad connection, and recommended replacing the whole light kit. I bought two light kits from British Atlantic for $38.00 each, and my husband installed both of them within an hour. The kits came with all of the bulbs too-it was the cheapest, quickest fix I've ever had! I haven't had any problems since, and they had been a thorn in my side for years! It's worth it to just get new light kits. It must be a common problem, because I've seen about 5 Land Rovers driving down the road with only one brake light.
I have a Disco 1 1997, only 48,000 miles on it. Take care, Michele

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.