Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the swiss owner handbook says for 4.6hse i need to put 95 ron fuel. is it working with 95??? i had some problems with 95 - but now using 98/99 ron the engine runs perfect. why?
does the handbook for other countries indicate 98/99 ron???
thanks for u help. greetings from the swiss alps

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
What is typical for Rovers is to use the highest octane you can fine, they are not happy on the cheap stuff.
Mike J.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4.6hse/05.95/76.000km/fuel?: 95 or 98/99 ron-octane????

thank u very much for u reply. in the meantime i use 99 ron octane (they call it here at our holiday in italy (bellagio at lake como) home shell v-power at 1.28 euros/liter) and it runs quite smooth with it. well i will give it the best ron i get so the engine and i will be happy.... the range is by far the best car i ever had (also having actually a jaguar 4.0 sovereign ) and i had a lot of cars in the past (audi v8, mercedes 320sl, 400se, 420se, 600sel, 600sec, porsche 911 cabriolet, lancia thema 8.32/ferrari engine etc.). sending u my best regards from italy - next days will travel to our meiringen/bern alps home in switzerland.
yours sebastian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.