Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 Disco 11 displays the usual 3 Amigos plus the red brake light.

The Hawkeye lists no faults and will clear the lights but they return with the "bong bong bong" within 200 yards of driving.

Two years ago I performed Option B which killed the three fellows, but they are back permanently with a friend, the red brake light.

Has anyone any ideas as to the reason?

24tens

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
It's strange that no faults logged and you can clear the lights though cos if there are no codes what do you clear?... the red brake warning is part of the built in diagnostic protocol, it should be there all the time together with 3 amigos but in reality it isnt, usually it comes on for complete ABS sensor failure or ECU fault, read live data with hawkeye and see all sensor inputs, they should all be the same stationary between 2 - 2.4V, if you see one different that's the problem but as the warnings come on without a code logged might be an ECU missbehaviour too.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've gone ahead and ordered a new SLABS. One of the later versions with improved software, so if that isn't the problem it won't be a total loss.

Checked the fluid switch and replaced the brake pads which were squealing slightly. Rechecked live codes and all perfect.

21tens

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it wasn't the ecu! Land Rover technician connected to Testbook and it showed faulty wheel sensor. He thought it unusual to have red brake light displayed, but tight turns on the road confirmed sensor.

Hawkeye showed Historical wheel sensor air gap too large and cleared all faults. New hub on the way!
21tens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.