Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good morning I am looking for help and advice, serviced late at 31k miles (24k service) current milage 34k, on a short trip my freelander started smoking exhaust and then breakdown within 10 miles. 2 cylinders cracked (i think). It was running great up until this point. Under warranty but landrover wont replace the engine due to the service been 7k late and reckon about £5000 for a new engine. it was in at 25k for loss of power and after 10 days in the dealership it was put down to a throttle cable or sensor problem. unsure if this has anything to do with the engine blowing? has anyone else had a td4 with such a major problem? i need to build a case to over turn the warranty decision, any advice or opinion?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Unfortunately they usually construct warranties so that they are void or severely limited in liability when you neglect the required services. I imagine your only hope would be that the blown engine was caused by something that would not have been serviced or inspected at the 24k service, and for that we would need a bit more info, such as what, precisely, failed in your engine.

-Coach

·
Registered
590 Posts
Easy out.

Dont you have an mechanic friend that can stamp your service log saying that it was serviced at 24K miles?

I did this once and it worked for me in the US.

The Dealership is seperate from the warranty co. They just need you to cover things.
It would help to have the undercarriage pressur washed before bringing it back in. Hint, take it to a different dealership this time.
Hopefully you are not in a multi dealership computer now.
Next time, stick to the manual man..

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.