Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the front brake pads on my 1998 P38 yesterday, and it went without a problem, very easy. Almost as easy as my wife 89 1989 Mercedes S420. I wish all brakes systems were like that one.

My question is, how do I get the 82,500K light off the dash.

It came on several years ago as we were thinking about trading the RR in on another MB. When we drove the RR on the MB dealers lot the light was not on and the RR must of had 82,499K miles on it, but I didn't look.
When the salesman returned in the RR after a road test to check it out, he wanted to know why is the service engine light on? I said what light as we walked to the RR. Sure enough the Service light was on.
I said the light was not on when we arrived, but he didn't believe me and said he didn't want the RR as a trade-in. When we got back home the speedo was on 82,530K

After we got back home I went online to see information about the light. That's when I learned the service engine light is only a service reminder at 82,500K.

Today the RR has 98,300K on the speedo and we still drive it. I did all the service requirements but for the dash light, I ignore it.

I found a few years back a quote someone online made about unplugging the black wire under the passenger seat, waiting for a click and restarting, but it fails to work for me.

Does anyone know how to get the 82,500K service off the dash on my 1998 RR SE?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to say I traded in my suburban in on the new MB and kept the RR.

My wife thinks the light came on as to say, Don't Trade Me.

I'm glad we kept the Rover, and we still use it every week to go somewhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.