Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am in the prosess to convert my 3,5 V8 carb fed to a fuel inj system.I will be using the Discovery V8i system,intakes,inj's,distrubitor,throttle body with an aftermarket management system.

Does anybody know about any possible problems aroud this conversion, will the intake match the head etc.? :dunno:

thanx

·
Series Moderator
536 Posts
no probs

you should encouter no problems with this re the manifolds and interchangability they will fit.
Cheers ONz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Everything fits and will let yu know of the outcome on this one. still need to do the final fitment, electronics and mapping. Only had to mod the distrubitor for the oil pump drive. only thing I need now is a few cases of beer to finish this one !! :drink1:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know this isn't related to your question but thought you would appreciate the humour. I once saw a Range Rover in Nairobi where the normal twin carb set-up had been replaced with a single carb apparently taken out of an old Ford Zephyr! It was a bizarre looking arrangement. The owner swore that it gave great fuel economy, avoided problems with tuning and though he admitted that it wasn't fast or particularly good on hills, he reckoned it ticked along just fine! Takes all sorts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts