Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
JesusIsLord
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience in repalcing the kickdown cable on an '87 RR transmission? The reason for the question is that I'm interested in buying this vehicle but it can't be driven (except up and down the street) because of a kickdown cable problem. Let me know as soon as possible. If it's a relatively easy fix then I might go for it as the deal comes with a new cable and new (used) transmission. Thanks for your input.

Jim<><

·
Registered
60 Posts
Never seen or replaced one on a Rover...however I'm sure it is an external cable attached to external bracketry (throttle body to trans bracket). These things are usually designed to be removed and replaced with relative ease. I've done one on a chevy 350 hydromatic in less than ten minutes. Scope it out on the truck first...this should give you an idea of what all's involved and whether or not it's going to be a finger bitch to get the job done. You may be better off to slap the cable on (thus theoretically fixing said problem), taking the rig for a drive, then deciding whether to buy or not. Unless the thing is priced redicuously low, in which case it would be far better to take it as a lame duck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.