Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know how much we all love pics, but since my Rover isn't mobile right now, I figured I'd post a few pics of the work I'm doing.

I pulled my front right drum off to find a big load of grease had ruined by brake shoes. Since then, I've replaced the flex hose, springs and shoes, honed and rebuilt the wheel cylinder, and degreased and painted my backing plate, wheel cylinder and drum. It's looking much better and I can't wait to get her rolling again, once I do the other side and get my new inner bearing. I didn't notice that damaged one until Saturday afternoon or I'd have that side all finished by now.

· Registered
317 Posts
CanuckIIa,
Wow, I like the looks of that white backing plate...I might have to do that on the next project...sure easier to see things in the dark...good idea.

Bogatyr

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Another 2A Rebuild

Here's a couple of pics for Boggy and other series guys. Plus my son can keep an eye on my progress. He may be out of cellphone range, but he gets internet aboard via sattelite.

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
If I put my mind to it, maybe a couple weeks, but I'm sort of dragging my feet (ass too today as it's 93degrees F) because I promised my wife I would get right on painting some shutters as soon as I finished the 2A. That story worked for me when I was redoing my 110, but I think she caught on a year or so after I was driving it.

· MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
TerryS said:
If I put my mind to it, maybe a couple weeks, but I'm sort of dragging my feet (ass too today as it's 93degrees F) because I promised my wife I would get right on painting some shutters as soon as I finished the 2A. That story worked for me when I was redoing my 110, but I think she caught on a year or so after I was driving it.
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: I know that story.Good luck with the Landy and the shutters.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great pics!

Thanks for the remarks and the pics. :D

I would love to get a new frame and rebuild mine. TerryS, are you doing your rebuild completely outside?

I wqnt a garage to work on it in, but that means build or move! :dunno:

My "bearing" finally made it in today. But it turned out to be a race. :confused

New bearing should be in tomorrow.

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
CanuckIIA said:
TerryS, are you doing your rebuild completely outside?

Yeah, I have a '53 TD project taking up my workshop bay The WX has been real nice, but very hot. I have too many projects in my shop and the garage is too far to keep walking back and forth from the shop

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Progress Report

That's what I called them when I sent pics off to AAXD. He's home for a couple of days, so he insisted we hang the front wings. The closer this project gets to completetion, the less visible the progress seems to be, and, is usually measured by fewer setbacks than actual forward steps.
When Colin leaves, I'm going to take the front wings off, strip and repaint them. I swear I could have done a better job with a mop.

The carb is a Carter YS, intended for an M38A1, and though antique military vehicle people and jeep people would insist it's way to valuable to use on a Land Rover, I think it's way better than a Zenith or a Solex, and I was damned if I was going to put that 2 Bbl Weber back on (plus We can't use it on the M38, and I doubt I'd ever get an A1)

· Registered
317 Posts
Terry,
That's looking pretty nice! :buttrock:
Say, are those the different offset rims? Neato.

Bogatyr

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Bogatyr said:
Terry,
That's looking pretty nice! :buttrock:
Say, are those the different offset rims? Neato.

Bogatyr
You noticed, huh? Yeah, those are NAS Defender rims, which are wider than series 16s, but offset to the outside more too. George, at RDS (I hope he and his buisness are OK, New Orleans looks bad) Went postal on me when I told him I was using them instead of series rims. Apparently they are real expensive, but they were the only matching set of four I had.
I had a new set of 7.00x16 LTs up in the barn and mounted them today. They were spec'd in the LR manual, but the look like skinnys on the NAS rims. I know my son is going to bitch when he sees them, so he can buy a set of MTs, maybe 255x70x16. At least all four hooves are the same and it sits level now. I have the top and bows, but our buddies up north managed to sell me a tailgate they didn't have so I'm waiting on that too. If you get a chance, take a run down and check it out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.