Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought our '89 Ranger Rover (and love it) a few months ago and still haven't gotten around to getting the shop manual for it. We think we may have a clogged fuel filter because the engine sputters like it isn't getting gas when you try to excelerate. At first we were hoping that it was a missfiring problem and did the whole tune up routine . . . that didn't fix it though. So now we're hoping it's the fuel filter but can't find the thing. My husband had to replace the coil last month after tearing things apart and ruling out this that and the other thing. While he was manhandling the vehicle he didn't come across the fuel filter though. I feel sort of stupid asking, but I am having Rover withdrawal symptoms :bawling: and need the problem fixed soon so that I can load up the kids and go exploring again.

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
That's where the 93 filter is too.
When you do change it...get it to the car wash first and hose out the entire area. Trust me, the first time your wrench hits the well and knocks that dust down in your eyes you'll wish you'd washed it out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, found it

Very easy to locate once I changed angles, cause I could not see a thing from the bottom. Removing the tire helped a lot too, thanks for the suggestion.
My wife actually found this site, she helps me in all the ways I don't seem to be able to help myself.

·
Registered
139 Posts
if that does not work..

then the fuel pump.. there are some people on this site that replaced those with less expensive non oem versions that work fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.