Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I have just put a old belt type 1992 3.9 v8 in to my 1993 soft dash Range Rover with the serpentine belt engine. After rebuilding the v8 and keeping the old belt type timing cover I have put it in and wired it all up and its getting a spark and fuel (I think) but the dam thing wont fire!

I have swapped the distributor, fuel rail, injectors, plenum chamber and loads more. Im just wondering if I have put a breather pipe in the wrong place or something stupid like that.

I have checked all the plus for a spark and they seem fine, Also I have put a test light on the injector connectors and it lights up but it seems really dull and it flashes about 2 or 3 times a second, Is that normal?

Any help would me much appreciated.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You may have the Distributor time 180 degrees out. Verify when the #1 cylinder is on its compression stroke, and see where the distributor rotor is pointing. If it is pointing to the number 1 plug wire you should be ok, but if it is pointing at the #6 then the distributor is 180 out. If that is the case you can either remove and retime the distributor or swap the plug wires to the opposite side of the cap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts