Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '92 Classic needs a radiator. New? Used? Rebuild?
How tough is installation??
Should I do a water pump at the same time?
Where to purchase radiator, Rover North, Atlantic British??
THANKS

·
Registered
57 Posts
Rad question.

You can have your radiator recored at a reputable radiator repair shop, it sure beats paying $500 for a new one. As for the H20 pump, if it's not leaking or making noise I would not replace it. As for removal of the radiator, it has two hold downs on each side on top, remove bolts, drain coolant, remove hoses and lift right out. Very simple operation. Good luck.

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
I agree with Lonestar.
It's easy to get to and get out just like he says.
Have your local shop do a core. If it's too pricey try Rover Cannibal for a used one. Not sure of prices.

I had my radiator rodded for $100(US) just this summer.

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
It Depends...

If you can get it re cored.... then thats probably a good 3 year solution.. if you are going to keep it much longer than that then a new one may be in order. $500.00 is way too much to pay for one.. I got a larger 3 or 4 row radiator for $260.00 plus shipping for my 88 RR.. it had over 250k miles on the old one and there was no way to get it re cored.. For $260.00 its a small price to pay for keeping your engine cool...

My 2 cents

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
whoops PS

a 3 or 4 row radiator will have a profile issue with the engine block.. i had an electric fan hooked up at the time, and the fan shroud had to be modified slightly...

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts