I bought this Rover about 3 months ago. Drove it over an hour to get it home. Parked it and it never started again. I pulled the battery to store it, and top off the charge.
I put the battery in today and it fired right up. I let it idle to warm up and drove it across my yard. I got it parked in the driveway and let it idle some more. I got in to take it for a test drive and it sputtered and died. I could never get it to fire again. After cranking for a while, I could smell fuel, but it wouldn't even try to start. starting fluid made no difference.
I checked the spark, and it seems somewhat weak. My theory is that the spark was always weak but while it sat the motor "dried out" once I put in the battery the weak spark was enough to fire it up, but after idling for a while it couldn't keep out and flooded. What do you guys think?
Where should I start with solving the weak spark issue? I did a quick look around, and didn't see any broken of frayed wiring. But Ill get more into it later. Any advice to give me a good starting point would be great!