Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just picked up a 92' SWB Beluga Black county with extremely low miles, apparently it sat in a field for 10 years or so. The biggest issue right now besides the gushing steering gear is the lack of HVAC. The system is totally inoperative and neither blower runs. All of the fuses are good and the blower switch at the dash seems to be good as well. What should I check next? I have a D1 and have used the Electrics Troubleshooting Manual in the past but the information in the RAVE for the classic Rangies seems to be a bit lacking. Is there other publications available for the classics that I have missed? I really need the HVAC wiring diagram so I can sort this mess out.
Thanks for your time,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey all,

I just picked up a 92' SWB Beluga Black county with extremely low miles, apparently it sat in a field for 10 years or so. The biggest issue right now besides the gushing steering gear is the lack of HVAC. The system is totally inoperative and neither blower runs. All of the fuses are good and the blower switch at the dash seems to be good as well. What should I check next? I have a D1 and have used the Electrics Troubleshooting Manual in the past but the information in the RAVE for the classic Rangies seems to be a bit lacking. Is there other publications available for the classics that I have missed? I really need the HVAC wiring diagram so I can sort this mess out.
Thanks for your time,
Hi

First clue is that both blowers use the same switch...Change the switch? you could try to use an electrical contact cleaner spray. It is possible to change the switch with out removing the dash center, it requires an screw driver that is bent in an elongated "S" it needs a right angle, about an inch. Philips head funny thing not sure if the one I have did not come from a motorcycle kit 30 more years ago. However if it has sat in field for ten years you could have ground issues, rust or corrosion someplace. in the right side footwell are some relays that pertain to the A/C under the dash in the passenger side footwell, next to the heater box is a large plug in that goes up to the "resistor" that you can see through the hood cowl vent. atlantic british (rover parts) sells this resistor on their website they have instructions for changing this as it could be a culprit as well.. if you watch the installation video on their site you can see what I am trying to explain.. If the vehicle has not been molested in the wiring and looks pretty stock and intact, you should not need a wiring diagram. Though it is present in the large thick shop manual. (Green) they sell for 100 bucks. I bet on the switch..Hmmm, when you turn on the AC do you hear any clicking with the engine running, not running like a relay? or from the AC compressor, though it probably is not charged and wont do anything? your heater could be full of mouse dwellings though I think the fuse would blow..You can get the switch out through the front then test the wires going to it for power. there is a switch for the fan speed and there is a switch for the selection of heat or AC my guess is that it is the heat /AC switch, they are the same part number both switches.. okay well that all I have today...lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts