Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
'93 White LWB, 235/85R16, 2" OME, Bottorf bumper,
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace the fuel pump in my '93 LWB, but the pump I got has fuel fittings that require a simple hose with clamps, and a standard-looking plug with pins.

My truck has threaded fuel lines and a plug that I can't figure out how to un-plug, looks like it should pull UP to un-plug?

Also, do I NEED the factory tool to un-screw the retainer, or can I carefully use a hammer and large screwdriver?

·
Certified RRC Nut
13 Posts
I'm trying to replace the fuel pump in my '93 LWB, but the pump I got has fuel fittings that require a simple hose with clamps, and a standard-looking plug with pins.

My truck has threaded fuel lines and a plug that I can't figure out how to un-plug, looks like it should pull UP to un-plug?

Also, do I NEED the factory tool to un-screw the retainer, or can I carefully use a hammer and large screwdriver?

I used a piece of maple hard wood & a mallet. Worked perfectly and no damage to ring. I suppose a softwood like pine could work also. Just give it light wacks & it should be free to finish by hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
'93 White LWB, 235/85R16, 2" OME, Bottorf bumper,
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that confirmation about the tool, now how about the fuel and elec connections? I'm wondering if I should try to get a different pump, but I'm tempted to cut the truck's threaded (and rusty) connections off, and use some barb connectors and new rubber line and hose clamps to insert the barb connectors into the remaining rubber line and just use this clamp connection.

Also, what about the elec connection? How do I get my current connector off?

·
Certified RRC Nut
13 Posts
On my ‘95, it was a bit of a wrestling match, but it eventually came off. I’m assuming your replacing the entire assembly, not just the pump? I bought an Allmakes assembly for less than $80 from Lucky8 after two Genuine assemblies failed in less than 3 months. Those were more than 3x the cost of the Allmakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
625 Posts
On my 92 to remove the retainer I took a pair of vice grips and clamped them to the side and used a screw driver as a lever to Unscrew the retainer

·
Registered
210 Posts
Pull the pump out of the new housing and put it in the old one.. you can use the old connectors and lines. use a few small flathead screw drivers to release the grips that hold it in..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts