Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
want-a-rover said:
Let's just say I'm new to Land Rovers, but have a desire to own one soon. I came across this one for sale, and wondered what opinions were on price, etc.

http://www.bwoverland.com/vehicles.php?vehicleid=14

Thanks in advance...

Tough call.

What I will say is that I have dealt with (and purchased from) BW Overland in the past, and Jesse is VERY professional, honest, and reliable to say the least. I know this does not help much however I thought I might throw in my 0.02 cents on the seller/vender.

·
Registered
120 Posts
WOW, Discovery's are huge $$$ over your end guys, I just paid $5,000NZD for mine and its only done 115,000kms from new, full LR service history & no off road at all, in mint condition. The adverage here in New Zealand for a 94 spec is about the $6-7000 mark but no more, mine is a 93.....

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Craig said:
WOW, Discovery's are huge $$$ over your end guys, I just paid $5,000NZD for mine and its only done 115,000kms from new, full LR service history & no off road at all, in mint condition. The adverage here in New Zealand for a 94 spec is about the $6-7000 mark but no more, mine is a 93.....

What is the conversion rate - no, not talking about Billy Graham - to USD?

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Looks great..... Nice overall... but pricey.... I'd keep looking, they are a little cheaper here...... But if BWO is trustworthy they may back you up should problem occur after you first but it

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
While the average price of a '94 may be pretty low, and considering the milage it will likely have, the price seems pretty high. BUT, I think $9500 is a very good price for this particular truck when you consider what's been done to it. The only thing it has in common with any garden variety '94 is the year. If you add up all that BWO says they have done to it, in my opinion, it's seems they are almost giving away their labor.
It is simply not possible to do a proper engine rebuild for less than two grand, using new parts. I know this as I've done many. And, a rebuild doesn't mean tearing it down and cleaning it, it means alot of new parts.
One thing I would ask, before I drained the saving account: How is the body in areas other than the rear floor, which is almost always rotted out at this age. Ask about the rear wheel arches, inner front fenders, general rust on all the sheet metal under the hood. I'm guessing they wouldn't have gone to this effort without taking care of all that though.
Yeah, you should be able to find loads of 94s for $4k, but not with that list of work done.
I saw Jesse's 110 many years ago at Roverfest, and I know good work when I see it. I was in the middle of the rebuild on my 110 at the time so I paid close attention, and for a guy that used to do custom kitchens, he is now in the right business.
BWO is right up the road from where my son's CG Cutter ties up, and that seems to be his favorite candy store.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.