Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 RR classic is currently stuck in a parking lot. When I turn the key, nothing happens. Battery has power, starter and alternator are fine. The parking lights and interior lights, door locks all function properly. The radio won’t turn on, the heater won’t start. Thinking it’s electrical, but can’t seem to find it. I can’t even have the truck towed, it won’t shift into neutral. The inertia switch under the drivers seat was sticking up, so I pressed it down, but still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy New Year!

·
very disco
1,039 Posts
Have you checked fuses under the hood?

there should be a manual release under the shifter trim to allow you to place the vehicle into neutral to tow home and take a deep dive.

otherwise (I’ve had to do this before) you’ll need to get a hauler who can lift the front wheels and dolly the back wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t see any of the fuses under the hood, does anyone know where the ignition fuse is. Having trouble finding it. This is my first Land Rover, learning a lot, really fast,
Have you checked fuses under the hood?

there should be a manual release under the shifter trim to allow you to place the vehicle into neutral to tow home and take a deep dive.

otherwise (I’ve had to do this before) you’ll need to get a hauler who can lift the front wheels and dolly the back wheels.

·
very disco
1,039 Posts
I’m not terribly familiar with the RRC. Wish I was they’re awesome looking rigs.
A quick google search suggests you may be looking for a solitary fuse block under the dash, driver side.
Hopefully somebody else can better assist you

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 94 RR classic is currently stuck in a parking lot. When I turn the key, nothing happens. Battery has power, starter and alternator are fine. The parking lights and interior lights, door locks all function properly. The radio won’t turn on, the heater won’t start. Thinking it’s electrical, but can’t seem to find it. I can’t even have the truck towed, it won’t shift into neutral. The inertia switch under the drivers seat was sticking up, so I pressed it down, but still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy New Year!
First Check the fuses behind the cover (above the cigarette lighter). Go to google and search for 94 rrc fuse (or relay) locations if you don't have a manual. it could be a relay or a fuse
You can't own one of these with out a manual.!
I suspect it is the ignition switch.

to get the car out of Park you need to remove the shifter handle. take off the top wood trim. remove the clip and then the nut. pry out the Trim piece with the PRND21 on it. if you look carefully you can see the end of a pin. look at where the shifter is trying to move push that in and the lever will move then. put it in neutral so you can take it somewhere to work on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts