Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped to get gas. Got back in, turn the key, nothing!!!! All of the dash lights come on but nothing else. Tried starting in neutral, clutch in all the way, clutch out, etc. Any suggestions? The car will not even turn over.

Scotty

·
Throwing Money at It
71 Posts
Ooh, 5 speed? Those are nothing but trouble. Better just sell it to me cheap, and get an auto, those are the best rovers.

Free bump.

·
Registered
396 Posts
THORROVER,
VERY FEW PEOPLE HAVE MANUAL 1995 IN THE USA. CONGRATS ON THAT..................
You should take it to a mechanic... GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Any relays click when you turn the key? Or truely completely dead?

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Ignition lock, alarm unit, battery, battery cables, starter motor (in stock;-).

It's a 16 year-old truck that likely hasn't been well maintained. It might just need some parts/help/love.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the slow reply. Bad starter. Yeah! The PO didnt do much to it.
Working on it now to go to Colorago in july.

Scotty

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would like to find a manual transmission to mt Disco 95:nerd
Better yet is the rewards from upgrades to my 95 D1 5-speed with 4.6 install (still run the distributor). Cam upgrade, Mark Adams chip, ported intake, heads and exhaust manifolds. Machined an aluminum intake extension below the ram tube base lowering max torque by 385 rpm's. Borla stainless Cat back exhaust with high flow Cats. Sounds like a 298 Mustang with Glasspacks while "stirring the stick". Mounted 255/65-16 tyres, HD springs (stock height), stiffer anti-roll bars front and back. A way more fun to drive Disco 19 smiling years and counting vs that 3.9 powered factory lump which could never dreamed of making horsepower and torque increases. A 95 for a reason, OBD1 able to tune it vs 96 OB2 with those coil packs, four O2 sensors plus restrictive and expensive Cats......~~=o&o>.....:grin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had a similar problem with my 97, has just a loose ground on the starter. Located in the front passenger foot well. Tightened it and now it starts like new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts