Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to adjust tie rod ends since steering wheel is a little off...ie with steering wheel dead ahead car veers right.

I removed wheels and I see on passenger side front there are 2 tie rods one in front and one in back of hub...I removed castle nut and had a problem they ing to unscrew turns on tie rod end....there are 11m bolts on 2 end clamps...I loosened them but I couldn't turn tie rod at all....is their a technique or how to turn tie rods....

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
95 LWB track rod ends

as a followup...i assume to adjust steering wheel tilt...you only adjust the passenger side front drag link with the track rod end....as the rears are trackers.

my issue is the track rod wont turn on the threads....

· Registered
95 Posts
If you are trying to set the toe adjustment/alignment... YOU DO NOT NEED TO REMOVE THE LOCK NUTS on the tie rods!

FIRST DOWNLOAD a copy of RAVE and look under STEERING.
How to do an alignment is in there.

ON the Track Rod NRC145 Track Rod Tube - 1987-1999 (NRC145 Same Fit As Part # NRC145 ) - Land Rover steering from Atlantic British on the passenger side there is a small adjuster tube NRC4700 Track Rod Adjusting Shaft (NRC4700 Same Fit As Part # NRC4700 ) - Land Rover steering from Atlantic British with 2 clamps Clamp - Track Rod (Part # 577898 ) - Land Rover bolts\clamps\brackets\washers from Atlantic British . Unbolt the clamps and TURN THE ADJUSTER ONLY.

Here is the idea>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X14inUVnpcc

Now if the adjuster/ tie rods will not turn at all ( and most don't) first spray the threads with PB Blaster Overnight. If that doesn't get it HEAT, HEAT, HEAT! OR replace the rods and tie rods. They sell that track rod and front drag link as an assembly.

Since this rig is pulling right, remember to check if a brake caliper is sticking and also the tire wear.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very very helpful information. thank you very much. ive worked on other english cars and i didnt know rovers made this adjustment easier in theory.

the problem as you have mentioned, is that i loosened both clamps and that adjuster is pretty seized on there. ill try more penetrant spray etc so i will update this thread on progress.

its not the caliper as it tracks straight just steering wheel is a bit slanted and not center.

if you place steering wheel on center in cabin, the car will track left.

so since the adjuster is on the passenger side, it needs to be lengthened to make the steering wheel on center.

again i will update on how this works out but it definitely doesnt turn/budge (track rod) right now....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.