Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..... I've seen the postings that explain how to program a 1-button key fob remote WHEN ONE HAS ANOTHER PROGRAMMED REMOTE. But I don't have a programmed remote; I only have my key and a new unprogrammed remote.

Can anyone tell me how to program a new remote for my 95 LWB without the benefit of a programmed remote.

Thanks!

·
Registered
674 Posts
TWO PERSON JOB:
  1. Open hood have assist hold in the hood button (left side as you look in)
  2. ensure on the inside all doors closed, ignition off all locks UP
  3. turn ignition on then off
  4. push the driver side door lock down then up
  5. assist then releases hood button
  6. turn ignition on then off
  7. if done correctly (within 15-20 secs) horn will beep once dash LED will light up - then learn mode is accesed - IF IT DOESN'T WORK - keep doing it only quicker!!!!! :bawling:
  8. after it works - pusha nd hold remote the dash LED will flash 8 cycles a second for 1 sec to show the code was received IF IT DOES NOT HAPPEN - repeat 1-6 again...QUICKER!
THAT IS IT - NOTE YA NEED TO DO 1-6 QUICK!!!!
:drink1: :drink1: :drink1:

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Yep... that's what I did with mine.. my 95 LWB came without a remote. I bought on on eBay and did this procedure and it worked fine.

Serg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Serg

Serg,

Do you remember what seller you got the keyless entry from? I looked tonight on Ebay and did not see the one I have (95 classic).

Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
13 Posts
TWO PERSON JOB:
  1. Open hood have assist hold in the hood button (left side as you look in)
  2. ensure on the inside all doors closed, ignition off all locks UP
    [*]turn ignition on then off
  3. push the driver side door lock down then up
  4. assist then releases hood button
  5. turn ignition on then off
  6. if done correctly (within 15-20 secs) horn will beep once dash LED will light up - then learn mode is accesed - IF IT DOESN'T WORK - keep doing it only quicker!!!!! :bawling:
  7. after it works - pusha nd hold remote the dash LED will flash 8 cycles a second for 1 sec to show the code was received IF IT DOES NOT HAPPEN - repeat 1-6 again...QUICKER!
THAT IS IT - NOTE YA NEED TO DO 1-6 QUICK!!!!
:drink1: :drink1: :drink1:
I haven't been able to do this successfully on either of my two 1995 Range Rover Classics.

What does it mean to turn the ignition on then off? Accessories? Start it all the way? Pull the key out for off?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts