Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had some interior lights go out in the Sexybeast this last month.

1. The radio "light" does not function- I have to turn on the map light to see for adjustment.

2. One side of the gear indicator has gone out.

I expect #2 to be fixable- how about #1?

Thanks.

Jared

:bawling:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Dunno 'bout #1....but keep us informed on #2 will ya! Mine is out on the left (driver) side and I have not really bothered with it as the other side works. Let me know the fix - THANKS! :wave:

·
Registered
12 Posts
#1. Might be the wiring to the radio, but chances are the internal LED's burned out. Unless you're good at soldering, I'd say live with it or buy a new radio.

#2. There are 2 small bulbs that light up the shifter selector sections. Again, either wiring, or bulb. It's somewhat of a PITA to get under there, but doable. Drive to your local autoparts store (bring your tools) then remove your shifter and then the shifter base in their parking lot. That way you can take the bulb into the store to get the proper match. If one burned out, the other probably isn't far behind.

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
That's good advice.
Anytime you take something apart that is a pain. Replace anything in there that can be replaced. Bulbs are a good example.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Do you need to get the LUCAAS bulbs from the RR dealer or will standard Bosch work?

I tried to replace my rear hatch brake light down at the local automart and they gave me one that would not fit correctly as the little pins on the side are not PRECISELY matching the lucas one's!! So I jammed the little bugger in there and it worked fine - but replaced it alter with the OEM Lucas one. Of which I bought 4 for safe keeping!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts