Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody have hard time playing burned CD in original 95 RR CD Changer? Mine is not playing at all.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Do you have a 1995 Classic (SWB or LWB) or do you have a P38 (4.0 / 4.6)?
I have a '92 Classic with factory CD changer and a 95 4.0SE with factory CD changer. Both play CD's and burned CD's fine. Neither will play CD-RW's as most car CD players will not unless the car is new or the CD player is aftermarket. CD-R's play fine. The only other thing I can think of is if you make a CD-R on a standard recordable CD 80 min / 700 MB these are basically a data disc and the car will play very scratchhy and skipping music, or not at all. Make sure the blank CD's you buy say Music on them (really cheap) and not data. Of course, make sure the problem is the disc--I imagine you've already checked to see if a normal disc plays ok? Also see if the burned CD plays in your house player. Maybe your RR CD changer needs cleaning, buy a lens cleaner CD.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am an idiot

i did not know that you have to insert CDs up side down......
It works fine and sound is amazing!

·
Registered
489 Posts
You're not an idiot-when I got the Classic I toyed with CD connections, settings, etc before finally ruling that it was an old CD player and just didn't work...too bad. Later I told someone and they said read the label...
You're right...the sound quality is excellent. Great bass, crisp, clear highs. Best factory stereo I have heard, even better than the "11-Speaker 'Premium' Stereo in the later model 4.0SE. Also better than the Bose stereo in my aunt's 2003 Tahoe Z71 and the JBL stereo in my 96 Explorer LTD, better by far than the stereo in my E320 and the 960 Volvo, and better than a friend's Bose stereo in his 2002 MB E320 4matic wagon.

Amazing, really.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Heay Guys,
My friend has a early 1995 RR Classic County short wheel base and is looking for a CD changer for it. The vehicle already has the sterio & cd cable fitted but the changer is missing. Any idea what the part number is or what is also compatible? I think he was told when he called LR in the UK the part number was PRC 9039 but maybe its different in the US and that is where he lives. His cable has a 13pin 30mm X 10mm connection on the end if that helps.
He has helped me repair my Disco so many times and want to find him one as a thank you gift.
Cheers Guys, Stu.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts