Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this conversion about 3 weeks Ago 96 D1 manual V8 to 300 Tdi. I am half done. cleaning up all the mess the V8 made is the biggest job. wiring is fairly simple, its a diesel. As i go through this process i will post pics and steps, as there seems to be a void of this info besides the general talk,, do this do that. How was my question and im sure im not the only one.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Great, I just bought a 300 TDI and installing it into a 94 Classic.
I have not started the project yet, I'm still waiting on some stuff.
Have you done the engine mounts on the frame yet?

Kevin

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can see you are swapping manual to manual so its the easy way out. I swapped into the newest D1 I could find, a 99SD.
For others that are maybe swapping into an auto vehicle, make sure you get the 300tdi engine mounts in the right position based on putting the transfer case back exactly where it was with V8/ZF.

Also, if you get the RHD pedal cluster with the engine you can modify the original automatic cluster quite easily as finding a three pedal LHD cluster is quite difficult.

You seem to be where I was in May of 2010.

You can also rework the V8 a/c hoses and fit the V8 compressor on a special mount adaptor. I drive the compressor with the same belt that drives the water pump, ps pump, alternator etc but there is a trick to it.

My Lucas alternator died but I found a 100amp one from an early Saturn and swapped the pulleys. Even the tach reads right.

Good luck, Steve

·
Registered
32 Posts
You can also rework the V8 a/c hoses and fit the V8 compressor on a special mount adaptor. I drive the compressor with the same belt that drives the water pump, ps pump, alternator etc but there is a trick to it.

Good luck, Steve

Please go into detail on this? Im about to drop this 300 tdi into my Disco and Will need to figure out somthing to mount my compressor. Is there a ready made bracket or is this just somthing I will need to fab up? Also what is the trick with the belt? Thanks, Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts