Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
oceanswithin,
So what are you looking to get out of her? I assume she'd need to be towed. What is the mileage? Was it the tcase that went south? Any other info you can offer on condition?
Thanks,
Bogatyr

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
96 DI 5 speed

oceanswithin,
So what are you looking to get out of her? I assume she'd need to be towed. What is the mileage? Was it the tcase that went south? Any other info you can offer on condition?

1. I am asking $3,000
2. Yes she requires towing but if you r within a 100 miles I could put it on my AAA service
3. The mileage is 120K
4. It went to an Indie (they are certified LR mechsnics) he said the main input bearings are the issues, and the T-case was ok as far as he could tell.
5. The truck was on Nantucket, Island for many years so you do have some rust spots. Not too bad. A friend of mine patched 2 holes that were in the wheel wells when you open the doors. It looked like the water was coming down from the tpo of the door. Also you will find some rust around the opera windows".
6. The inerrior is about a 6.5 on a scale of 10. I cleaned it myself I took the drink tray, ashtry and other removable parts out and hand cleaned them myself. I sent it to a friend who shampoos rugs and had the entire int. steamcleand. And I have a new center console that I bought from Rovers North. I took it out of the box and laid it in the back seat and it is still there.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
317 Posts
oceanswithin,
Wow, too rich for my blood. KBB shows a "fair" condition truck to be worth about $2800, that's one that runs and drives but need some mechanical and/or cosmetic work. Not that KBB is scripture, but a truck needing a tranny should be worth less than that...
Thanks for the info though.

Bogatyr

·
Registered
317 Posts
Oceanswithin,
Yeah, after thinking about it, it seems like too much of a project for me at the moment, But given the rust, interior and mechanical condition, as well as having to be towed, I don't think I'd give more than a grand. But that's sight unseen, and with everything else going on right now, I just don't think I have the time for a tranny swap...

Bogatyr

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Bogatyr,
Yes I know the feeling. It was too much of a project for me as well and when this 98 presented itself I had take it. Good talking with you and maybe one day we will meet on the trails. Now my time,effort and money will be spent on this truck.
Take care.

·
Registered
317 Posts
oceanswithin,
Sure enough...I've got to get down to see TerryS's series truck at some point, he's around Hartford, so maybe we could plan some sort of meetup around there...not sure what trails there are to run down that way though...

Bogatyr

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bogatry,

Let me know when you are in the area. Just so you know I am running a stock truck, and have little to no experience on the trails. But I'm ready to learn.
I'll be looking out for you. Take care.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK... $1300.00 and it's yours

Any takers??? As mentioned $1300.00 and this 96 DI 5 speed is yours and I'll even throw in a 75 Gallon fish tank and Iron Stand.
Only serious buyers need reply. If you pick this truck up it will need to be towed.

Thanx :wave:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.