Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 98 Range 4.6 back from the dealership....I had to replace the RHS door latch and the rear latch.... :bawling: ....well $690.00 later....the informed me that the remote is now dead and they have to send it to Land Rover and another $250.00 of course.

It gets worse....I get in my beloved Rangie and all the lights are on on the suspension adjustment panel. It was really late and the dealership was about to close so I have to take it backc in on Monday but the service advisor said that it might need to be reset as it was sitting at the dealership for a while and the battery had died??

Any thoughts on this?

I have never had a suspension fault or any problems with the suspension. If anyone can give me a little input I would really appreciate it before I go back in there on Monday and get raped some more.

Thanks

NJV

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
how long was the vehicle sitting.

and if it was sitting for a while and there was a leak it will go down and the only way to get it back up alot of times is to reset the lite and check for codes.

To be honest at that time it might be time for a conversion to coil springs.

·
2,437 Posts
how long was the vehicle sitting.

and if it was sitting for a while and there was a leak it will go down and the only way to get it back up alot of times is to reset the lite and check for codes.

To be honest at that time it might be time for a conversion to coil springs.

And unfortunately, those remotes and the latches for the Range Rovers arent cheap.

Alot easier and cheaper in a disco.

·
Registered
291 Posts
was it towed to the dealer or recently? if so that could mess up the suspension...as for the keys...you can buy them on ebay uncut and have them cut at a good locksmith even though they are like reverse keys. Let us know how it goes! :wave:

·
2,437 Posts
At least he doesnt own an o6 RR or LR3. Land rover still doesnt have the machine to cut the keys. If you lose one with your new vehicle then oh well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK... before everyone lights up on the remove the EAS discussions I'll try and give you some suggestions that may help you.

The remote "clickie" cost $250. That is a standard price from any dealership. You need to have one of these that works with you. The reason for that is if the car is accidentally bumped, the car will lockdown in security mode and you will need the key or you will not be able to start it. I only use a non clicker key and had this happen to me. There is a bypass sequence, but I have never tried it sucessfully.

Now to the real problem. If you picked up a vehicle from a range rover dealership and the battery was dead, and you had incurred a suspension fault that was not tripped before you left the vehicle there, it is there problem. Speak to a service manager, and if they do not help you, then speak to someone else higher in the dealership. That is definately not a good place to have your vehicle services. Range Rover dealerships have always prided themselves on providing costly, but excellent service.

If your vehicle is in soft fault (normal ride height) it will give you an EAS fault and then beep a lot. My guess is that they disturbed one of the height adjustment sensor calibrations or something. No matter what it is, they should repair the vehicle if it was not broken when you took it in.

·
Registered
76 Posts
98RRover said:
was it towed to the dealer or recently? if so that could mess up the suspension...as for the keys...you can buy them on ebay uncut and have them cut at a good locksmith even though they are like reverse keys. Let us know how it goes! :wave:

Dont waste your money,a good locksmith will be able to supply you with a key that will open the doors,but you will still need a remote to start up.
THE "LAND ROVER ORIGINAL FOBS ON E BAY" CANNOT BE SET TO YOUR VEHICLE.they are vehicle specific and cannot be programmed,synced or set up in any other way regardless of the sellers claims.
The only people I know of who can supply a "clickie" are in the UK,Last time I looked hey were about 50GBP cheaper than a LR replacement.

http://www.remotekey.co.uk/P38kit.htm

·
Registered
9 Posts
:wave: To bring this post back to life...

I had the front 2 tires replaced on Fri 12/16. Now yesterday Tue 12/20 I got an EAS Fault message. I'm wondering if it could be related. The lights are all on and the RR is sitting at it's highest position. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
33 Posts
the eas system will not operate if a door is left opend,if your dealer just installed latches have them back track, and tell them. if they dont know. that they can see the latches on real time using the test book.simple as figuring out who did what wrong. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.