Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have seen a couple of posts on here talking about the ac/heater blower motor failing to work and it seems that both posts I have seen were for 99 or 2000 models. Here's what I've already done to try get mine to work. Replaced the ballast resistor ,blower motor relays(both) and the head unit in the dash. Still doesn't work. Anybody else out there had this problem and been able to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Administrator
16,594 Posts
Have you confirmed you are getting power to the blower motor?
Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That seems to be the problem,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,getting power to the blower motor. I've run power to the motor and its good. Thanks for the reply.Something in the system is sttoping the power from getting there.

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
how about a ground.

wait a minute you put in a head unit and didnt even attempt to see if the blower motor is causing the problem.

plus the motor gets power and then is grounded via the head unit.

Are you sure you drawing enough current to run the motor?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked the blower moter first thing to make sure that it was good. Are you saying that there should be 12V to the blower moter at all times and the head unit controls the ground to the motor thus determining the blower speed. I may learn something here that may heip me fix this problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After your last post I got out my trusty Fluke meter and low and behold there is only 1.91V to the large red and white wire to the blower motor with the Rover running. I then ran a 12V wire from the battery to the red and white wire and everything works as it should until you cut the vechile off and then my jury rigged wire starts to get very hot indicating a ground somewhere.A little progress I think. Any ideas folks?????????

·
Registered
21 Posts
Check fuse No 7, some times the wire that runs from the fuse box to the blower fails, it looks to be case

1 - 7 of 7 Posts