Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A pic of my '99 DII. Did not realize how bad it looked with a snaggletooth bumper (plastic cover pulled off during a Habitat for Humanity job). Just got a new bumper via internet - $859 incl $250 shipping from Cal to Atlanta. But needed it for about five years. Very happy. Have owned this one for almost twenty years and spent the first fifteen getting the bugs out. The only dent is in the driver's door where the wind ripped it out of my hands and made a small dent when the hinge stopped it.

I still love it - today.

IMG_1054.JPG

·
very disco
1,426 Posts
Good for you! I was expecting an orange truck

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, the Kinversand I bought for my son. Was a '99 too and a good truck. Sold it a couple of years ago when he graduated from law school. Need to figure out how to change the avatar to my green one.

·
very disco
1,426 Posts
Oh I wish I never got rid of my first disco. Would be my most cherished Rover if I still had it, but I traded it in on a D2 back in the day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, kept it for 20 years while working out bugs! After 14 years I ran out of patience with "bugs" but do miss it a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can I ask where you bought the bumper from? I'm interested in replacing my stock, busted-up bumper also. $859 incl $250 shipped is a good price.

Thanks,

Sean.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, so it was a used bumper. How great that you found a green one. I would love to find a white one.

I've been looking at some used ones, but I'm worried they'll be brittle like mine and crack easy.

How has it been holding up?

·
very disco
1,426 Posts
Chances are that all used bumpers will be of comparable brittleness. I would imagine that any “brand new” bumpers were manufactured well over a decade ago and probably aren’t super pliable themselves.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was livid about how flimsy my stock bumper was. What's wrong with Land Rover? All I did was drive over a small bush, maybe 18" tall, stop, put it in reverse, and back out. The danged bush caught on the plastic bumper and ripped it off. The new used bumper looks to be exactly the same material. Pliable? I think not.

·
very disco
1,426 Posts
I would never dream of paying retail for one. I’m not in the appropriate tax bracket for that.

love having it though

Reactions: Lkstk

·
very disco
1,426 Posts
ARB!!!!! I have rubber bumpers to install too but I haven’t gotten around to it

Reactions: Lkstk
1 - 16 of 16 Posts