Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Sweet!

Looks like a beautiful place to call home. Very nice indeed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, no water came inside, in this pics, but that same day at night time it rain hard so on the next day the water level of the river was higher and I need it to cross to get out of the beach, we camp there for 6 days and we needed to get back to Panama city which is 6 hours away from this place to get some friends and supplies to continue on our surf trip around Panama, so I got stuck on a big hole that was in the middle of the river and the water level was so high that it cover the door handles, everything got wet, there where bags, stoves, you name it floating inside the car. The engine was still running and it never stopped. After a while ( almost 1 hour) a friend in his Toyota Land Cruiser Turbo diesel with 37 inch tires that was going to meet us on the nearest town (1 hour away from where I was) he realize that we weren’t at the town on schedule so he came to the rescue and pull me out of the water. the cell phones didnt work so we couldn’t call anyone for help.

After I was out of the water I realize that the transmission wasn’t working properly and I said OH ****!! The transmission ECU is under my seat.. So yes it did got damage and only the 1, 2 and 3th (shifts) where working but not so good… so im in the middle of the jungle 6 hours away from the city and from the only land rover dealer and only place where you can get parts for a Land Rover (here in Panama) so instead of been 6 hours it took me almost 10 hours to get to Panama city, 10 hours with the ECU transmission in bad shape, no music! (The speakers where dead) and with a couple of crazy friends that started singing.

So after getting bored of my friends singing I start thinking on the surf trip and the great time we had, yeah I got stuck, I said to my self, and sure now I have to find a way to pay for the new ECU (cost more than $1000!!) and clean all the inside of the car, but it was all worth it. So the question is what in the world make me think that I was capable of crossing the river at that level (I almost did), well simple after pulling 3 cars out of that same place whith the water level lower (including Toyota Hilux with 35 inch tyres and Toyota Land Cruiser TD) and watch a guy drown his engine where I cross lots of time with no problems I said I HAVE A LAND ROVER DISCOVERY lets do this, well thinking that I was superman I went for it and the thing is that I need it to be aquaman to make it all the way… :D

·
4,576 Posts
I'm sure there's a mathematical equation to figure it out, where you would calculate, speed, water pressure and the air pressure within the truck (if you dont have your windows open - which you SHOULD always have open)...but if anyone knows the answer go ahead and share..lol...im sure it would apply to the D1 as well.

·
Registered
528 Posts
that's awsome bro, great story by the way. What a great story to tell over a alittle grog. :beer:

- AppStateDisco

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.