Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. New to the board.

I have a 99 SD disco 1 I have built up a little bit.

I have the opportunity to pick up a 2004 SE for $500. Interior is perfect but motor is blown. Exterior is also 10x better than mine.

Two questions .... would my motor fit into that year/model? Difficulty? Would the 2004interior match up to my 99 (console, seats, carpets, etc)?

If there is a more appropriate area for me to post this, please let me know.

Thank you for your time.

Jeff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
31 views. no responses. Is this a stupid question? I guess I could have asked my local Rover mechanic 1st. He just happens to know the person that has this Rover for sale for $500 and I don't want him to go get it before I do. He doesn't know its for sale yet. =)

·
Registered
81 Posts
$500 is a great deal for a good 04 even with a blown motor. the engines are essentially the same in the 2 cars but the 04 but the ancelleries will vary. The 04 will have the 4.6 with has a longer stroke that your 3.9. The interiors worn't match up either. The disco 2's are a little bigger in almost every dimension.

if you are mechanical and if it were me I would get the 04. get the engine apart and see what is really up. With a new engine you will have a great car.

·
Registered
356 Posts
agree. $500 buy!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone for you replies.

If anyone else has thoughts ..... I would love to hear them.

I went ahead and bought the 04 yesterday. $500 was to good of a deal to pass up. Even if I part it out I would make $$

the 04 is in so much better shape than my 99. I have already put money into my 99 with lift, tires, axles, hubs, snorkel, arb front bumper with 9000ln winch.

In a perfect world ..... I would have like to just pull the motor and everything I have done to my 99 and just put in the 04 and keep my 99 for parts ...... but you guys just don't think that is a good idea?????

·
Registered
322 Posts
What is the issue with the 04 engine? Are sure it's beyond repair? If so I'd keep both and find a good used or rebuild for your 04.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It is the same engine block so yes you can swap them.But I would first find out what is wrong with the '04 engine.Might be easier to fix it than swap it out.You can probably swap most of the other upgrades you did to the '99.How many miles on '99 motor?Good luck :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
356 Posts
perfect world would be turn your 99 into a trail truck and tow it around with your '04
;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts