Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. New to the board.

I have a 99 SD disco 1 I have built up a little bit.

I have the opportunity to pick up a 2004 SE for $500. Interior is perfect but motor is blown. Exterior is also 10x better than mine.

Two questions .... would my motor fit into that year/model? Difficulty? Would the 2004interior match up to my 99 (console, seats, carpets, etc)?

If there is a more appropriate area for me to post this, please let me know.

Thank you for your time.

Jeff

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
31 views. no responses. Is this a stupid question? I guess I could have asked my local Rover mechanic 1st. He just happens to know the person that has this Rover for sale for $500 and I don't want him to go get it before I do. He doesn't know its for sale yet. =)

· Registered
81 Posts
$500 is a great deal for a good 04 even with a blown motor. the engines are essentially the same in the 2 cars but the 04 but the ancelleries will vary. The 04 will have the 4.6 with has a longer stroke that your 3.9. The interiors worn't match up either. The disco 2's are a little bigger in almost every dimension.

if you are mechanical and if it were me I would get the 04. get the engine apart and see what is really up. With a new engine you will have a great car.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone for you replies.

If anyone else has thoughts ..... I would love to hear them.

I went ahead and bought the 04 yesterday. $500 was to good of a deal to pass up. Even if I part it out I would make $$

the 04 is in so much better shape than my 99. I have already put money into my 99 with lift, tires, axles, hubs, snorkel, arb front bumper with 9000ln winch.

In a perfect world ..... I would have like to just pull the motor and everything I have done to my 99 and just put in the 04 and keep my 99 for parts ...... but you guys just don't think that is a good idea?????

· Registered
356 Posts
perfect world would be turn your 99 into a trail truck and tow it around with your '04
;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.