Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wave:
The discovery (no pun intended):
Front fog lights not illuminating - assumed bulb blew.
Bought new bulbs.
Crawled under front bumper, pulled out the plug to disconnect bulb from plug/bulb holder and then... :eek:
discovered that the bulb and plug it was in had melted together.

The horrible truth:
Researched on my RAVE CD, called nearest LR dealers (Jacksonville, Fl and Atlanta, GA) and searched for H1 bulb plugs/holders at local auto-parts stores, Radio Shack, etc. (i figured I could splice the new bulb holder to the existing harness) unfortunately found out that I cannot purchase the fog light bulb plug connector/holder seperatley. I have to purchase the complete fog light lamp kit .

NOTE: Checked the other fog light bulb- melted together too. Drivers side bulb was factory H1 bulb - the passenger side bulb was aftermarket (Nappa Auto parts) Both bulb holders melted.

Any ideas, suggestions, upgrades, any info will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
I don'r think I have ever heard of that happening before, I also have a 99 and I have am running even higher amp bulbs with no ill effects.
Mike J.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Disco Mike. I appreciate your time! I figured the melting fog lights was some freaky instance. What are the bulbs volts/watts you use in your fog lights? I ask because the LR dealer said it had to be 12V 55W bulb? And again, I appreciate you taking the time to help out!
Tnee

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Tnne,
I found some 80 watt 12 volt bulbs for the fogs and 80/100 for the head lights, they work really well. Make sure if you go to something like this that you make sure the wire harness can handle these first,
Mike J.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.