Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1999 DII. I put the two rear seatbacks down and the right side will not go back. This is because the seatbelt will not release to take tension off the seatback. Any idea how I get the seatbelt to loosen up?

Looks like the felt covering the back of the seat will pop off or are there screws? If I take it off can I get to the seatbelt mechanism to try to release the tension?

Years ago it seems like I just gently pulled and released on the seatbelt many times and it finally gave in; this time no joy.

Sec 75-14 of my paper Workshop Manual shows clips for the felt "seatback finisher." Looks like they want me to remove the backseat too - not doing that.

Thanks guys.

·
very disco
2,968 Posts
IIRC the seat back covering just pops on/off with some plastic pins. Should you gain access to the tensioner, I'm not sure how you would go about releasing the mechanical energy anyhow

how much does a replacement belt apparatus cost on ebay? might be worth your money instead of your time, to cut it off and replace it

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lo and behold. Went out today and pulled on the seat release. Instantly the back seat belt released and I was able to put the seat back in the up and locked position. Who woulda thunk? It healed itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts