Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

This is my first post and I hoping to get some answers to a couple issues that I have come across with my 1994 Range Rover Classic SWB, and in return I'd be happy to try my best with helping others solve problems that have occurred on their Rovers.

The A/C, Heat, Powered Mirrors, Cigarette Lighter, and Heated Seats are not receiving power and they were not working when I bought the Rover. I used a test light and found that 4/6 fuses under the passengers seat are not getting power. My main concern is the heat because its winter! So I traced the wire all the way up to the kickplate on the passengers side, and found that it lead to a relay. I removed the relay and tested the wires. One was getting power (Light Green with a White Tracer) so I borrowed a relay that belongs to the powered seat for the drivers side because I knew it works, I plugged it in and got nothing. I tried all the fan settings a still got nothing. I made a jumper wire with two spade connectors and plugged it in to the wire with power and another wire (Pure White), and next thing I know... AIR! the fan was blowing perfectly, I'm quite happy but still confused as to why the relays aren't working??? The only other thing is that the fan only works if it is on III (Full Blast) If not then the fan will not turn on, maybe because the two other wires aren't getting power because the jumper was only to one other wire?

Great thanks to anyone who can give answers to these issues, and if its only an idea I'd be more than happy to give it a shot.
Thanks!
Nick

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I took a look at mine and they're definitely shot but I plugged in a working relay, and used a test light to test all of the connectors that plug into the resistor and found that all of them have no power. I removed the relay and then plugged in my jumpers and tested it this time and two of the connectors are getting power... So what I can't figure out is why the relay is actually doing the exact opposite of what it should be doing. Many thanks for the comment!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure what they where originally suppose to look like but it looks like a previous owner cut them off and just used some kid of connectors, most look fine but one is corroded and the coating on the wire is cracking and falling off. I want to get rid of these ASAP. I remember reading about using fuse box from a disco. Opinions? I still don't think this is why the the relay isn't working. Maybe a bad ground? I had hoped to work on it today (Thanksgiving) and over the weekend but the weather decided otherwise. I'm going to try and give it a shot anyways today and trace the wires. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are resistors that control the heater fans. They control the lower speeds. Sounds like yours are shot. Check out this link for repair help:

OkieRover.com
So the Resistor arrived today so I installed it and now I am getting all fan speeds. I'm so glad that I already had the dash apart because it made changing it so much easier...

Problem is... I still can't use a relay, the only way the resistor is getting power is if I use a jumper. Could I be using the wrong relay? a bad ground? I'm certain its not the fuse-able links. I at a complete loss as to what to do now. I really need to have everything fixed by the first week of January. Ideas???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.