Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a little road trip at the moment. Decided to go down the west coast of Australia. But had to get to the top first. Done about 3,500 miles so far with at least twice that to go before I get back home. Been away 2 weeks with another month or so to go. Just so you non-Australians know what this country is like. On the main highway up the centre the towns are 600 to 700 miles apart. There is a fuel stop around every 100 to 150 miles but little else. Only phone coverage is at fuel stops or in towns. Fuel is up to $6.75us per us gallon.
Broke down around 100 miles from a town. Got towed into town and I am now waiting nearly a week to get parts flown in from down south. Driving is a bit boring with 3,000 miles of desert with the only change in scenery being the changing height of the local plants and trees. They start of as trees near the coast then slowly get shorter and disappear. Starting to get back to tree size as I approach the top. All through the centre the clear sky’s mean that it is 25c during the day and minus 4c at night. It is the middle of winter here. Now I am getting near the top it is 34c during the day and 20c at night. Saw my first cloud in over a week today

1 - 2 of 2 Posts