Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since I do not have sufficient privileges to access the DIY page and I do not see a truck build page, I guess this would be the next appropriate page to share some of my pics.
An LWB refreshing job! Lots of rust to repair!

My '93 LWB,
Needs paint,
rust repair,
rear crossmember needs attention,
and last, a little lift on the suspension,

Mechanically, she's good! For now!

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bad!

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Better!
Where I needed extra strenghth I welded sheetmetal, otherwise after treating the rust the fiberglass actually will keep moisture from reentering and is suprisingly very tough!

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And! For even more fun!

Attachments

·
1993 range rover lwb - Roman Bronze
532 Posts
That is a GREAT job!!!!!!! Can you please do my truck. Also does your seat memory work.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What suspension/steering parts did you use? I have OME on mine now but they are over a decade old looking to refresh it. And yours looks very nice! Great Work!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I like it. Trying to decide to restore my 87 RRC or just break it for parts. I was going to break it but now I'm not so sure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys, it took me a while....between family and other things going on and squeezing every possible weekend in!

Never used that memory feature...I actually never had to change positions when my wife was still driving it! I'm afraid to blow it up now if I use it!

The picture with the shocks and bits is all I added! The OME springs have been on since I did the conversion from air, I just needed those Terrafirma 2" spacers to even up the front to the rear!

Should be test driving this weekend, Iam mainly curious to drive it without the sway bars! Although it may just feel similiar to my '83 which never had them!

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Very nice!

·
The type to cop a Range along with all the feature
483 Posts
This is awesome man! I am mid restore on my 94 LWB, Just got my frame back from the sandblaster and painter, working now on the axles. Just trying to get a rolling chassis this winter with the power plant and power train in place. By the way, I really like the replacement of where the rear tailgate hinges. Can you explain that setup? My body mounts on that part of the body are shot and a little rust holes too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well since I do not have sufficient privileges to access the DIY page and I do not see a truck build page, I guess this would be the next appropriate page to share some of my pics.
An LWB refreshing job! Lots of rust to repair!

My '93 LWB,
Needs paint,
rust repair,
rear crossmember needs attention,
and last, a little lift on the suspension,

Mechanically, she's good! For now!
very good job.. That was a lot of rust, look like you took care of it well. ........Mine wasn't rusty, so it was easier..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts