Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My review mirror (with auto dimming) is stuck to the front windscreen and I find myself constantly looking either around or under it as it quite obtrusive.
I,ve noticed that just above it on the consul for the two electric sunroofs is a blanked out panel. I was wondering if this is where the mirror is attached to in the US versions of the D2. Also does the US version come with direction indicator (N,S,E,W) ? :beer:

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rmuller said:
And on the DII, yes, it comes with a compass in it.
Would you have an idea how that works? Is there some sought of compass sending signals to the mirror or does the mirror have all the bits on board.
Where I'm going with this is even if I can't move the mirror I would like to have the direction compass. I expect as in a lot of cases all the wiring is just tucked away in a loom available to connect the various options.
So if its just a case of picking up a US version mirror and connecting it up I may just give it a go. :beer:

· Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Well from looking for mirrors for my Talon . I came acrros a mirror on the junk yard ( scrap yard ) . The mirror that I got was from Chrysler Concord and it was auto dimming.

Now by looking at FCC ID number and finding the manufacturer of the Patent No. I found out that those auto diming mirrors with compas are made by third party and regular price for one is in $300 US range . So paying $20 on a crap yard and part of the harness I find it a better deal .

The mirror that I got is only auto dim , and I would imagine that the compas is build into the mirror .

There is a list of Cars that this company makes for them and with options ( auto dim / compas ) .

Now I'm sorry that I can't give you any more info , but my other Puter machine is Out of Order for now , so I can't give you the bookmarks . Sorry .

But At least now you know that you can get one from a scrap yard for cheap if you need to get one that is more adjustible :) .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.