Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
No stupid questions just stupid answers....

The new discos run on computers. In sports mode, the shift change and automated suspension dynamics are different, by computer control.

They ran the car electronics in a prototype disco and in a simulator. They saved the data and discovered what improved performance and ride and what did not work. Stored the setting and coded the settings for end-user use.

Maybe in the future, those settings will be field-programmable and adaptive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So Adam, for everyday driving, the light for SM should be off, right? for more performance you would have the SM on.

Adam in NYC USA said:
The new discos run on computers. In sports mode, the shift change and automated suspension dynamics are different, by computer control.

They ran the car electronics in a prototype disco and in a simulator. They saved the data and discovered what improved performance and ride and what did not work. Stored the setting and coded the settings for end-user use.

Maybe in the future, those settings will be field-programmable and adaptive.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I usually drive in the city with Sport Mode engaged. It helps with acceleration when maneuvering in traffic. On the highway, I turn it off. The owner's manual says you shouldn't use Sport Mode with cruise control.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have use sports mode rarely,mainly when overtaking on our very tight, two lane "highways" here in Queensland. Better to have a bit in reserve. When I had a TDI Defender I never overtook. Oh, what a differance !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.