Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It suddenly struck me today how absolutley plastered in mud the Landy is- I haven't washed it in months and it has the accumulated muck of 2 pay-and-play days and several greenlaning trips on it. This is due to my tactic of carefully hosing only the bare legal minimum of mud off the lights/number plates etc. The window runners have started sprouting grass and I'm sure I could easily grow potatoes on the floor mats. Might have to take the extreme measure of taking the hose to it some day :eek:

It gives a rather good impression of what it will look like when I finally get around to re-painting the green bonnet.

2286cc of raw N/A diesel power- now baked in a crust of mud.

So, is it possible to have to much mud on your Landy?

Jack

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
It has it's own protection layer!!!!! That is a great rover!!!! I love it!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wash my work rig one a year, whether it needs it or not...It has a lovely baked on crust, or as some call it....patina. I kind of like the idea of floorboard potatoes. They would probably have a lovely flavor, being that they are fertilized by general floor munge and cracker crumbs.

·
Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
WASH??!!???

Did it about January this year, or was it December last year?.
cant remember when before that?

The only thing that gets washed regularty is the windscreen, (If it is fitted.)
But again my landy have not seen mud in the last year, (it did not rain in the last year where my landy is!)

Youve got a Nice landy though!! what year modal?
I love your Lethal weapon sticker!

·
It's all about my Blue Balls!
2,109 Posts
There's no reason to wash a RR or LR... dirt is always part of the beauty. Besides there are too many people out there that own them and don't use them for their purpose. If you leave them dirty... people will then realize that some of actually DO use ours:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.