Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
I wonder if you can help.
I have owned a 90 hard top 2.5td5 (first registered 04/01) for about 6 months only and already the missus is making me sell it!
I paid a stupidly low price for it (long story) and really have no idea of its real value.
Its got alloys, bull bars and spots, metallic paint, heavy duty roof bars and folding back seats.
I love it dearly and its been kept immaculate. In fact in its four year history its been serviced four times and its only done 16500 miles!
Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks
Archie 32

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you want help keeping the Rover then you came to the right place.

Tell us why she wants you to get rid of it, and we will help you build a great argument.

Sounds like a great Rover.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
archie32 said:
Hi folks,
I have owned a 90 hard top 2.5td5 (first registered 04/01) for about 6 months only and already the missus is making me sell it!
I was married to a woman like that once. What has got up herbackside? If you have 13 kids with no shoes, then she's right. Methinks, if you're being on the up and up with us, she is being a bit controlling. Life without a landy is still livable, albeit a depressing thought, but having my buttons pushed for the rest of my life is a way more depressing thought. Guess I'm just lucky. When my wife saw how much fun my son and I had, she went out and got her own landy.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
hey, archie, if you've got pics, post 'em. a visual will help us formulate an argument for keeping the 90. for example, "but, honey, the rover's color brings out the brilliance of your eyes"; and "yes, dear, I know you would rather me sell the 90, but having it makes me a happier man. and when i'm happy, you're bound to be happy as well." make it a win-win. :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Just tell her to piss orf mate!!! Worked for me - once...(ouch) :D
seriously though, seeing it is a TD I am assuming you are in the UK - therefore it should sell better than some because of low mileage, but will still be a tough sale, much harder than it would be here in the US!
Why not just convince her that it is a weekend car? Then go get some Vauxhall or something for around town...that should keep her happy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.