Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the previous advice on the 95' LWB - picked her up last weekend. :clap:

When I picked the truck up the Anti-lock and Traction Control warning lights were on. Mechanic did something under the dash, disconnected the battery and all was well. Also got it checked out by a Rover mechanic and when he ran the tests nothing came up as coded. A few days ago, lights came back on. Does anyone know if this is a fuse or does something need to be replaced.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Sounds like the same problem I have had on my '95 LWB.

My TC light has been one since I bought it. My mechanic diagnosed it down to a faulty front righ wheel sensor. The fuse was pulled as the wheel sensor was going to act up since it was bad. This is a $400 part. Without it, the ABS and Traction Control (which is powered by ABS) won't work. At $400 for the part plus labor I can live without ABS. It's no big deal.

Serg

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Serg I'll have it checked out. When I started her up this morning the ABS light didn't come on. About 5 minutes before I pulled into work, I felt the ABS kicking in when I steped on the brake ( going about 15 mph)m, then the light came back on again. Since we're on the subject of broken things - does your driver's side front door lock with the rest of them when you use the remote? For some reason my drivers side door won't lock....?

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
My 93LWB has a sticky driver's side lock problem too.
You can take it apart and see if the mechanism is binding up. That was the case on mine. I think that the door actuator gets weak with age. It's around $250 I think for a new one! Mine works sometimes and other times it doesn't.

Aren't we full of great news. You just got it and we're spending your money faster than you thought.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Okie - It could be me afterall. I tried locking the driver's side door manually by pushing the lock down before shutting the door. Once I did this I used the keyless remote to relock. This seems to have worked. Not sure if this is a Rover safeguard to prevent someone from locking their keys in the car, or if it's the actuator? Suppose I should check the manual.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
The remote should lock and unlock all the doors. Sounds like you have a sticky actuator or some other issue. Try what Okie said, I would open up the door panel and investigate for a bent rod or a bad electrical connection. Should not be too tough to fix.

Serg

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
I broke my guide for the visable part of the lock so be careful when you are reassembling. A little white grease should help if it's sticky from friction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts