Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
100 quids for a days work son..
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has done this mod before? I know you can just take your fuses off but having the ABS lights on the whole time get annoying after a while..

·
2,986 Posts
This has been brought up a few times on dweb.. as nice as it'd be to turn off ABS, the point has been raised that you have to worry about insurance reasons if you ever get into an accident or something.. if an adjuster sees the switch, you're bypassing the cars safety devices... might be a problem.

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
the system is used to detect slippage, yes it will increase distance a bit when braking as compared to having something behind the wheels like say mud or snow but overall its a better idea.

its a safety feature that has more benefits then downsides.

keep it intact and your more likely not to have an accident on the trail.

·
2,986 Posts
Rovin4life said:
the system is used to detect slippage, yes it will increase distance a bit when braking as compared to having something behind the wheels like say mud or snow but overall its a better idea.

Thats the problem. Drive a disco on a trail and you'll see our problems with ABS. In a lot of situations that 'increased distance' can prove fatal.

·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Alrighty then, I guess I'll post photos when I finish the mod. going with bypassing the ABS fuse under the steering panel.. and yes rmuller is right about the increased stopping distance. Gets hairy if your not paying attention off steep hills..

·
Registered
47 Posts
The light's on for a reason, i.e. something's not right with your ABS. Don't just bypass the fuse to turn out the light, friggin' fix what's wrong with it and it will go out by itself.

Many, many, many people wheel with ABS with no problems. Having an ABS system will not affect your stopping distance enough to make the difference of fatal/nonfatal.

·
2,986 Posts
cdmbrennan said:
The light's on for a reason, i.e. something's not right with your ABS. Don't just bypass the fuse to turn out the light, friggin' fix what's wrong with it and it will go out by itself.

Many, many, many people wheel with ABS with no problems. Having an ABS system will not affect your stopping distance enough to make the difference of fatal/nonfatal.
From what I understood with his message, is that he's pulling the fuse to disable the ABS, and the light is going on.. he wanted to find a simpler way to bypass that.

·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cdmbrennan said:

4x4 101 ..

http://www.4x4abc.com/4WD101/ABS_offroad.html

would want ya to fall on a ditch mate, oh did you know abs works drifting backwards too. trust me I know this.. if i din't pop the clutch and gas it I would have slid in one.

·
Registered
1 Posts

How do you disable abs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts