Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the intermittent amigos for some time now. I decided to do the svs repair hoping that my issue was a bad contact in the plug for the switch. After taking the module apart, the plug turned out to be fine.

The problem is one of the eight plastic housing pieces which slide over the metal shafts on the pump side of the unit. One of them was frozen on its shaft and stayed there when I separated the two pieces. This broke the two electrical contacts on the inside. It looks like there's a coil of wire like a solenoid.

Is there a way to resolder the contacts or do I need a new module?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Never seen that happen before, but based on your picture, I would say no. Better start looking for a used module.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bought a used pump and module off ebay, replaced just the module, no more amigos. Thanks for the info.

On a side note, since I've owned the truck, I've never had HDC and still don't. Any ideas why ABS and TC would work but not HDC?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
That is the problem, try it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes that is the problem, indirectly...

I've only ever tried using it in low range. The problem is the switch telling HDC its in low range. I'm sure you all know about the tone that sounds when the transfer box is in neutral and that doesn't work, so either the switch or a wire is broken.

Is there any way to hotwire it?

I just had the center console apart, rivets and all, for a new transfer box shift cable. I really don't feel like taking it apart again. I wish I new at the time though...

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've looked into this farther.

The hi low switch is bad on the transfer case. If anyone knows where to get one that would be swell, I've only found them in England.

I consulted the RAVE and poked around at the SLABS connectors and found the wire and pin which lead to this switch. All the switch does is ground out this wire. I spliced into this wire and routed it through a rocker switch to ground so I can flip it whenever I'm in low range. HDC still does not work!

Do I need to clear the SLABS codes for HDC to work? I do get an intermittent fault which has been getting more frequent. Last time I had the codes read and cleared, it came back with a left front wheel speed sensor, which I'm replacing in a week or two, and an engine speed fault.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts