Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now how to replace rotors and pads, replace calipers, bleed brakes and such, however ABS is my weak spot. My ABS light came on shortly after starting up my 94 RRC. Obviously there's a fault in the system. Is it possible for something to get stuck in the wheel sensor? i haven't had time to look, but is it possible? Also another thing, the brake peddle barely has any play in it. Like I'll just apply a little pressure and the brakes instantly grab. :confused Does anyone know what could be the problem with that and my ABS situation? Please post.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Need to have someone look at it for codes and functions, could be the ABS unit itself, how long has this been going on?
Mike J.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
And yes, your wheel sensors could be dirty, out of adjustment or have failed, but I don't believe they will cause what you are describing.
Good luck,
Mike J.

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I haven't had a schedule that'll allow me to go and visually see the hubs and speed sensor to see the problem, but yeah I will have to find someone that can pull the codes for that ABS light. For right now, as long as it stops fine I'll drive on it. Question: Where would I find someone with a scan tool for my 94 RRC computer as an alternate to going to the dealership, or do i have to go to a Land Rover Dealership? :dunno: (Long question, ain't it?) :confused

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Call AutoLogic @ 800-533-2210
They will give you the name of a shop in your area that has their equipment, which can read any Rover code.
Good luck,
Mike J.

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Disco Mike said:
Call AutoLogic @ 800-533-2210
They will give you the name of a shop in your area that has their equipment, which can read any Rover code.
Good luck,
Mike J.
Thanks on the info! It will make searching much easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.