Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: JUKE179r

·
Registered
891 Posts
great writeup.....thanks.

I wonder if Wabco will sell the pin assembly (little black piece) for those who accidentaly ruin the circuit board.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great writeup.....thanks.

I wonder if Wabco will sell the pin assembly (little black piece) for those who accidentaly ruin the circuit board.
Thanks for the feedback!

I don't think that is sold separately as it seems that "little black piece" is soldered into the modulator's main circuit board. if you pull it out.... which i did, you will see that you will risk keeping a good connection after you try wedging it back in...(Not a good idea)

If you ruin it like I did there is a way to bypass it. So stay tuned and I'll post that method soon.

·
Registered
891 Posts
really, thats odd. I was speaking about this fix with my mechanic last week. He had a spare modulator half and he pulled out that black piece without an issue.....hmmm, maybe that wasn't the best idea.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is what it looks like

and this is where it connects to.

You can see the circuit board and the two holes the prongs go into.... i would hate to do this job only to have that part end up having a bad connection.

You can also see some oxidation....

·
Registered
297 Posts
Great write up! I used the Hummer fix and worked great, this is saving people a ton of money!

:beer:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I wish I could do that repair. I am unable get the parts in South Africa. I will look out for a good used unit.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Very nice write up. It's good to see some real tech on the board without shotgunning parts until it's fixed.
We need more of this.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the feedback everyone. please let me know if anything is unclear or if I let anything out that I should add or clarify.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Hey Josh,

Sorry I am an idiot....how do you turn the shuttle valve switches to both open, closed, one open one closed?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Josh,

Sorry I am an idiot....how do you turn the shuttle valve switches to both open, closed, one open one closed?
You simply push them down...I will add pics of that.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Nice write up, your site is coming along nicely. Thank you for all your efforts!

I have a special package for you! It should arrive here soon!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice write up, your site is coming along nicely. Thank you for all your efforts!

I have a special package for you! It should arrive here soon!
Ooooo...... Santa is coming early?? Can't wait! Thank You.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wish I could do that repair. I am unable get the parts in South Africa. I will look out for a good used unit.
Why can't you get parts? I didn't buy anything! I just used the kitchen steak knife to cut the SVS circuit board and soldering flux and a soldering iron. that's all you really need apart from your very basic tools.

Unless you NEED brand new SVS or seals... I'm sure it is not expensive to send those down there...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I Will keep updating the write up to answer your questions so if anything is unclear please ask!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
;) It's for all your hard work and inspiration.
Well I hate people getting discouraged and getting rid of a classic car all due to little nuances like the 3 amigos. Plus it's because of the forum(s) that I have been able to make a little something on the weekends fixing rovers. It's just fair to give back.

That and I don't want to see this question asked ever again.. lol j/k...

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Well I hate people getting discouraged and getting rid of a classic car all due to little nuances like the 3 amigos. Plus it's because of the forum(s) that I have been able to make a little something on the weekends fixing rovers. It's just fair to give back.

That and I don't want to see this question asked ever again.. lol j/k...
I appreciate that!

People should have to spend a week on this forum prior to buying a DII.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I will give it a bash as soon as I have time available.

Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPDATED TO INCLUDE STRAIGHT WIRING OF THE SVS.... AND REMOVING THE MODULATOR SIDE OF THE PUMP ONLY...

Sorry its all on one page but I feel that anyone performing this job should read through all 50 steps first....

1 - 20 of 149 Posts