Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced the shuttle valve on my 2004 Discovery because some one had do the wiring trick on the ABS and I kept sliding around on locked brakes anytime I pressed them. After putting a new valve the brakes felt way better and never locked up. But the three amigos popped up so I went to have them checked and I got the Pump Failure 1 (monitor line) & 3 (pump sticking) as well as the shuttle valve switch failure. The shop told me I needed a new pump and I grabbed my keys and headed out after the quote. Ive been roaming the forum sites for answers but theres not any clear ones. Anyone have some straight forward suggestions or solutions? Cheers!

P.S. could I have not plugged the shuttle valve plug in all the way to bring up all these codes? just a thought

·
Premium Member
102 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there wasnt any corrosion on the shuttle valve or signs of a leak. but when i got home from the dealer the light turned off for the first time in a couple months. but every once in awhile when i press the brakes they will come back on. they are off now but will probably pop back up again. is it a bad connection somewhere? or would flushing and putting new brake fluid help since it looks a little old? I just dont want to spend to much more money on this beauty since theres already a small head gasket leak which will need to be done and i know thats a lot.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Shuttle valves were only part of the issue. The three Amigo issue is caused due to a failed connection between the shuttle valves and the exterior plug for the wiring harness. You will need to do the option B repair to bypass the failed connection.

This means splicing into the wires of the new shuttle valves and connecting directly to the wiring harness.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So is the headlights dimming when the abs pump runs a big hint at a electrical problem? When the abs pump runs when the brakes are slipping on ice or traction kicks in the headlights flicker and dim. Any ideas if this gives a better idea of the problem ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.