Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone!

abs tc and downhill lights are on all the time, land rover service check the problem and told me that i need to change the abs modulator which will cost me $2100.. i was planning to change it myself but, i was wondering if i need to do something else.... any input is much appreciated!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
2100 for anything warrants a second oppinion.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
ditto
Where are you located? I would suggest finding a good independent LR shop and having it looked at. Check w/ your local club or reveal your location & perhaps some on the board can refer you.

EDIT: oh yeah, sounds simplistic but I would disconnect your battery, go inside & drink a beer, then reconnect it and see if the lights are still on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
:wave: Hi

I have had this problem recently and had it repaired - the most likely problem is an ABS sensor - the wiring tends to break where it enters the hub and although you will need a new sensor it is MUCH less expensive than a modulator. I agree that you definitely need a second opinion - and it is easy to check the sensors - if you or your service agent have a multimeter and the manual.

:drink1:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.